Counseling and guidance programs prepare students to work as school counselors with students in K-12 school settings. Nearly all states require school or career counselors to have a master’s degree school counseling or a related program to work in elementary and secondary schools. In addition to a master’s degree, most employers require a a certification or license endorsed by the state in which you plan to practice.

Degree programs teach counselors how to work with school staff, parents and community organizations. They also learn how to use data to create, establish, and evaluate school counseling programs for all students. An internship is generally required for employment.

Education and Certification Information

/////////////////////////// javascript starts ///////////////////////// /////////////////////////// javascript ends /////////////////////////